Ms. Colbert, Media Specialist
The media center is an essential component of the school’s instructional program. We are committed to working with teachers to support students in achieving educational goals. The media program fosters a fondness for reading books along with developing and applying literacy, research, and technological skills. It also facilitates collaborative planning and instruction at all grade levels in all curriculum areas.
CCES Media Center Policies and Procedures
- Language Arts teachers will make routine visits for checkouts and media lessons.
- One book limit—1st–2nd grades
- Two book limit—3rd-5th grades
- Three week loan period
- With a pass from a teacher, students may visit more frequently.
- Students in 3rd-5th grades will be able to use self-checkout stations when visiting individually.
- Students may use the drop box to return books anytime.
- Students cannot checkout as long as books are late or missing.
- Report Cards will be withheld for students with outstanding obligations at the end of the school year.
- Each student will receive a laminated library card.
- There will be no charge the first time a library card is lost.
- Each additional time a card is lost, students will be charged a replacement fee of 10¢.
Media Center Rules:
- Be orderly
- Follow directions
- Speak in whispers
- Take care of materials
- Keep your area clean